One Pan Baked Ziti
My family LOVES this easy, simple One Pan Baked Ziti recipe. It's as fast and delicious as comfort food gets and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage (I use 'hot)
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves but add it at the end)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces ziti pasta (or similar pasta)
- 1/2 cup half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Add olive oil to a deep, 12-inch or larger oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add sausage cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil and oregano. Stir well. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
Add the water and dry pasta. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a low boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Stir in the half and half, and parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and browned, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
I love to serve this with easy Homemade Breadsticks!
To Freeze: Prepare the recipe up until the baking step. Cover with a double layer of aluminum foil sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Or, bake from frozen, covered in foil for 1 hour and 15 minutes, and uncover and bake 20-30 minutes longer, or until bubbly and warmed through..
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 335mg | Iron: 3.7mg