Whether you serve this Hawaiian Meatballs recipe as an easy party appetizer or as a main dish over rice, it’s sure to be hit! All you need is pineapple, BBQ sauce and meatballs, and you can cook them in the slow cooker or on the stovetop.
Why I love this recipe:
- Versatile – I love serving these as a delicious appetizer at a party, or serving them as a main dish over rice. Either way, they are a crowd pleaser every time!
- 30-Minute Meal – So quick and easy to throw together. These easy Hawaiian Meatballs can be cooked on the stove in under 30 minutes, or thrown into a slow cooker.
- The BBQ Sauce – If you’ve never made my homemade bbq sauce, I encourage you to try it with this simple recipe! It takes this dish to a whole new level!
How to Make Hawaiian Meatballs:
Slow Cooker Method:
Add Meatballs: Spray the bottom of your slow cooker lightly with cooking spray then add frozen meatballs to the bottom of pot.
Add Sauce: Pour homemade bbq sauce and crushed pineapple over meatballs.
Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours then serve crockpot Hawaiian Meatballs warm garnished with chopped green onions, if desired.
- Add homemade bbq sauce and crushed pineapple to a medium pot.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer,
- Cook for 8-10 minutes for thawed meatballs, or 14-16 minutes for frozen meatballs.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped green onions, if desired.
- French Onion Dip
- Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- Burrata Appetizer
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Baked Brie
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cowboy Caviar
Follow me for more great recipes
- 50 – 60 pre-cooked frozen meatballs *, store-bought or homemade
- 2 1/2 cups homemade BBQ sauce (store-bought can be used, but homemade is highly recommended!)
- 1 cup pineapple fresh, diced, or use crushed pineapple from a can, slightly drained
Slow Cooker Meatballs:
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker lightly with cooking spray. Add frozen meatballs to the bottom of pot. Pour pineapple and bbq sauce over meatballs.
- Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. Serve warm garnished with chopped green onions, if desired.
- Add meatballs, pineapple and bbq sauce to a large pot and stir to coat. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes for thawed meatballs, or 15+ minutes for frozen meatballs, or until warmed through.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe August 2017. Updated February 2021 and August 2023.