Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs make the perfect fun, easy party appetizer or you can enjoy them as a main dish, served over rice. Make them in the Slow Cooker OR on the Stovetop.
These Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs are one of those fun foods that double as an appetizer or a main dish. You can make a big batch in the slow cooker and bring them to a party–everyone loves a tasty meatball for party food! You could also make them for dinner and serve them over rice.
My favorite part of these meatballs is the tangy-sweet combination from the pineapple and the AMAZING homemade bbq sauce. (You can definitely use store-bought bbq sauce, but the homemade sauce takes it to a whole new level)!
BBQ Pineapple Meatballs (Slow Cooker or Stovetop)
- 50 - 60 frozen meatballs store-bought or homemade
- 1 recipe barbecue sauce (about 2 1/2 cups of your favorite)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple , finely diced, or use undrained crushed pineapple from the can
For the slow cooker:
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker lightly with cooking spray. Add frozen meatballs to the bottom of pot.
- In a large bowl stir together homemade bbq sauce and crushed pineapple. Pour over meatballs.
- Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. Serve warm garnished with chopped green onions, if desired.
For the stovetop:
- Add homemade bbq sauce and crushed pineapple to a medium pot.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer,
- Cook for 8-10 minutes for thawed meatballs, or 14-16 minutes for frozen meatballs.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped green onions, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.