Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos recipe is guaranteed to be family approved, and is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. They’re freezer friendly and vegetarian, with seasoned refried beans and fresh shredded cheese layered inside a tortilla and cooked until crispy.
My kids love these burritos, and so does my husband. This is one of those easy dinner ideas that is great for a weeknight when I can use pantry ingredients to throw together something quick and easy that everyone loves.
Quick and easy: those are my two favorite words to describe our dinners, most nights of the week.
If that’s your thing too, then here are some other favorite quick and easy meals you can make in thirty minutes or less!
All you need for these crispy bean and cheese burritos recipe is a can of refried beans, some pantry spices, and shredded cheese.
How to make Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos:
Mix together the refried beans, cumin, salsa, chili powder and garlic powder.
Add a spoonful of the beans mixture to your tortilla and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and roll it up.
Add a little bit of oil to a saute pan over medium heat. Add the rolled burritos to the hot pan and toast them, turning them occasionally until golden brown on all sides.
Serve warm, with homemade five-minute salsa and guacamole, for dipping.
Make ahead and freezer directions:
Make the burritos through step 3 (stop before pan fry them). Keep them wrapped in plastic in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze them in a zip lock bag. When ready to cook, let them thaw completely before pan frying!
Consider serving with:
Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Add the refried beans, salsa, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Spoon about three tablespoons of the bean mixture onto the center of a flour tortilla and smooth into a thin layer.
- Sprinkle with a large pinch of shredded cheese. Roll tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Place a few burritos, seam side down, into the pan.
- Turn them every 30 seconds or so as they cook until they are golden and crispy on all sides.
- Serve warm, with homemade five-minute salsa and guacamole, for dipping.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE this recipe and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.