Yummy garlic bread tastes good as a side to pizza, salads, soups, pastas, and pretty much anything! Garlic knots are a fun twist to traditional breadsticks and they don’t take any longer to make! Try them dipped in a yummy marinara sauce, or just plain, brushed with our garlic topping recipe below.
Tips for this recipe:
For the dough, we use the same ingredients as our pizza dough recipe.
Make sure you give the dough enough time to properly rise.
Consider serving with one of these popular pizza:
- White Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pizza
- Loaded Jalepeno Popper Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pesto Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups bread flour bread flour works best, but all- purpose flour will work as well.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- freshly grated parmesan cheese , sprinkled
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let rest/proof for about 10 min.
- Add the sugar.Combine the flour, garlic powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the olive oil and yeast mixture to the flour mixture.
- Beat well until a soft dough ball has formed. Knead for a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover with a cloth and place in a warm place to rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Take a small pinch of the dough and roll into a rope about 5 inches long and ½ inch thick. Tie the rope into a knot and place on greased baking sheet. Repeat until you have used up all the dough, and your baking sheet is full of dough knots.
- Let the dough rest in a warm place until nearly doubled in volume (about 30 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Bake for approx. 12-15 min. or until golden.
- While knots are baking, make garlic topping by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- After removing knots from oven, while still warm, either brush with garlic coating, or place knots in a large bowl and toss with garlic coating.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.