This easy Spring Roll Bowl has all of the flavor you love from fresh spring rolls, transformed into a delicious bowl with Sweet Chili Peanut Sauce. It’s a 30 minute meal that will become a staple at your house.
Why I love this recipe:
- Easy – They’re less work than rolling Fresh Spring Rolls, and just as delicious and fun to eat!
- Fresh and Flavorful – One reason I love Thai recipes is all of the fresh veggies and bold flavors. This recipe uses two sauces and tons of yummy toppings that will have your tastebuds singing!
- Peanut Sauce – The homemade peanut sauce really takes these bowls to the next level! It ties all the flavors together perfectly.
How to Make Spring Roll Bowls:
Make Peanut Sauce: Place all the sauce ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little water, if needed.
Chop Vegetables: Slice and chop all vegetables and herbs.
Prepare Noodles: Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain them and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of sweet chili sauce and a few tablespoons of the peanut sauce until well coated. Toss to combine.
Serve: Spoon noodles into bowls then top with sliced avocado, carrot, mango, bell pepper, Serrano pepper, cucumber, peanuts, and chopped herbs. Add chicken, shrimp or crispy tofu, if desired. Drizzle with extra sweet chili sauce and peanut sauce, and dig in!
Make Ahead Instructions:
To Make Ahead: Chop the veggies and make spring roll sauces up to 2 days ahead of time, stored in the fridge. The rice noodles are best cooked fresh, so they don’t clump together and harden.
More “Bowl” Recipes:
- Poke Bowl
- Buddha Bowl
- Hawaiian Bowls
- Bulgogi Bowls (Bibimbap)
- BBQ Chicken and Veggie Bowls
- Fajita Bowls
- Harvest Bowls
- Chicken Shawarma Bowls
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls
- Sweet Pork Burrito Bowls
- Korean Ground Beef Bowls
Follow me for more great recipes
Spring Roll Bowl
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3-4 Tablespoons warm water , or more as needed to thin
For the Bowls:
- 14 ounces dry Rice Noodles
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 serrano peppers chopped (seeds and veins removed)
- 2/3 cup dry roasted peanuts , chopped
- 1 avocado , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot , shredded
- 1 bell pepper (red or orange), chopped
- 1 English cucumber , sliced
- 1 mango , peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce ,or more, to taste
- Protein of choice, cooked shrimp, chicken or crispy tofu , optional
- Make the Peanut Sauce: Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little water, if needed until you reach your desired thinness. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Chop all vegetables and fresh herbs.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain. Add noodles to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of sweet chili sauce and a few tablespoons of peanut sauce until well coated. Toss to combine.
- Assemble: Spoon noodles into bowls. Top with sliced avocado, carrot, mango, bell pepper, serrano pepper, cucumber, peanuts and chopped herbs. Add chicken, shrimp or tofu, if desired. Drizzle with extra sweet chili sauce and peanut sauce.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe July 2016. Updated June 2022.