How to Make Spinach Bacon Quiche:
Make ahead Instructions: Make the recipe through step 2. Blend the egg mixture and store the pie and egg mixture separately for up to 2 days (depending on the freshness of your eggs). Add egg mixture to the pie and bake as instructed.
Freezing Instructions: Allow it to cool completely then cover well and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, allow the quiche to thaw in the fridge overnight (if frozen) and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until warmed through.
Consider trying these popular brunch recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Peach Scones
- Poppy Seed Cake
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- 5 large eggs , beaten
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves , loosely measured, then chopped
- 6 slices bacon (or turkey bacon), cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese Swiss, mozzarella cheese, cheddar or Monterrey jack
- 1 9 inch homemade pie crust , fitted in a 9'' glass pie plate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out one disc of pie dough into a circle, 12 inches in diameter. Place in 9 inch pie dish and crimp edges.
- Blind bake crust: Place a piece of parchment paper inside the pie pan and add 2 cups of pie weights, dry beans or rice. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove parchment paper and pie weights. Prick pie crust all over with a fork, then return to the oven for 8 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon, in a skillet. Once cooked, remove to a plate and chop. Remove most of the grease from the pan and add onion and spinach. Saute for 2 minutes. Add cheese, onion, spinach, and bacon to the bottom of the partially baked pie crust.
- Combine the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper in a blender, then pour the egg mixture into the pie.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake quiche for 40- 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, or even to room temperature, before slicing. Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I originally shared this recipe January 2014. Updated April 2020 with process photos and freezing instructions.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.