Soft and tender Snickerdoodle Muffins with a cinnamon sugar topping represent my favorite cookie, in muffin form!
These snickerdoodle muffins are definitely high on my list of indulgences and are delicious enjoyed for dessert or breakfast. I love to double the batch and stick the extras in the freezer.
How to make Snickerdoodle Muffins:
1. Make Batter: Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl add egg, vanilla, milk and Greek yogurt and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) and fold in, careful not to over-mix.
2. Bake in muffin pan. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full. Bake at 375ºF for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or with just a few moist crumbs).
3. Add cinnamon sugar topping: Once the muffins are out of the oven and have cooled for just a few minutes, use a pastry brush to brush a thin layer of melted butter over each muffin, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Allow to cool completely, then freeze in a freezer safe container for 3 months. Thaw at room temperature or microwave for a few seconds, until warm.
More popular Muffin Recipes:
- Greek Yogurt Double Chocolate Muffins
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Banana Bran Muffins
- Healthy Applesauce Oat Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt , or sour cream
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a standard muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the butter and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together for about 2 minutes, until smooth and well combined.
- Add egg. Add vanilla, milk and Greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and fold in using a rubber spatula, just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or with just a few moist crumbs).
- Allow to cool in the muffin tin for a minute or two before removing to a wire cooling rack.
- While the muffins bake, melt the butter for the topping.
- In a separate small container mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the muffins are out of the oven and have cooled for just a few minutes, use a pastry brush to brush a thin layer of melted butter over each muffin.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar mixture. (You can also dip the muffin tops in the melted butter, followed by the sugar, but I’ve found that they look prettier when you use a pastry brush and then sprinkle the sugar.)
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe March 2017. Updated May 2021.