This Healthy Pumpkin Muffins recipe is made with whole grains, less butter and sugar, and only 160 calories each! They taste just like the bakery and are freezer friendly!
What I love about them:
- Healthy, but just as good as a bakery – I love that these have less sugar and fat than regular pumpkin muffins, but they still taste like a sweet treat and I can feel comfortable offering them to my kids.
- Freezer Friendly – Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick snack, or for part of kids lunches.
- Add protein: Make them even healthier by replacing a few tablespoons of the flour with a scoop of protein powder!
How to make Healthy Pumpkin Muffins:
Combine dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl: eggs, honey, butter, and canned pumpkin puree (or homemade pumpkin puree). Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then pour the wet mixture in.
Stir batter together, being careful not to over-mix it, and then add chocolate chips (optional). Divide batter between the muffin cups.
Bake healthy pumpkin muffins at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
To Freeze: Allow healthy pumpkin muffins to cool completely, then place them in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Healthy Muffin Recipes:
- Healthy Applesauce Oat Muffins
- Healthy Banana Bread Muffins
- Skinny Chocolate Muffins
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Bran Muffins
Follow me for more great recipes
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or line with muffin liners).
- Whisk dry ingredients together: flour, cornstarch, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients together: eggs, melted butter, honey, and pumpkin puree.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the pumpkin mixture and chocolate chips. Mix just until combined. (Do not over-mix).
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 full (or a little more if you want bigger muffins). Bake for 16 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. .
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Recipe inspired by 100 Days of Real Food.
I originally shared this recipe October 2015. Updated September 2018, October 2021 and September 2023.
This post contains affiliate links.