Super light and moist Pumpkin Cupcakes topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and a pumpkin candy, for a fun and easy fall dessert!
There’s nothing that brings the Fall spirit quite like pumpkin recipes. I make it a goal to make as many pumpkin-filled things as I can during the fall. Some of my go-to’s include: Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting, Skinny Pumpkin Muffins, and a Classic Pumpkin Roll.
I am one of those crazy people that enjoys pumpkin baked goods all year long! Between these Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting, my favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, and these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting I feel like I don’t need any other treats to be completely satisfied for the rest of my life!
These cupcakes are soo moist, light and fluffy, and the cinnamon cream cheese frosting—well, do I even need to say why THAT is amazing?
I’ll just say, it really does taste as good as it sounds! If you have people in your life that you love, you should make these for them. I think that should apply to everyone. So make them! You’ll be making the world a better place!
6 easy steps to Pumpkin Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting:
- Wet ingredients: Combine the pumpkin puree, sugars, oil vanilla and eggs.
- Dry ingredients: Combine the flour, spices, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Combine: Pour mixture over wet ingredients and stir, just until moist.
- Pour into lined muffin tins: Scoop the batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake: Bake at 350º F for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Top with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Freeze, Store, and Make-Ahead:
Store: Store pumpkin cupcakes covered, in the refrigerator for 2-3 days after baking.
Make-Ahead: These pumpkin cupcakes can be made up to 2 day in advance and stored (covered) in the refrigerator.
Freeze: Frosted and unfrosted cupcakes can be stored in the freezer for 2-3 months.
SOME OF MY FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES INCLUDE:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar (depending on the frosting consistency you want)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 Pumpkin candies , optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugars, eggs, pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl with the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until you reach the desired frosting stiffness that you want. Mix for 2 more minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes and garnish with pumpkin candy, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe September 2014. Updated September 2019.