Homemade Peach Chutney is like “Fall” in a jar! It’s very easy to make and preserve and tastes amazing over chicken, pork or fish.
This peach chutney is like “Fall” in a jar! It has all of the fall spices I love, including cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. We love it served with pork loin, over chicken, or with a mellow white fish, like halibut or tilapia. This recipe makes a dozen jars, so I preserve them so that I can have some all Fall/Winter and even give some as gifts!
Consider trying these popular peach recipes:
- 4 cups ripe peaches , peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (dried cranberries)
- 1/3 cup sweet onion , diced
- 1 jar McCormick crystallized ginger
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 7 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pouch liquid fruit pectin
- Put the peaches in a large kettle and add all other ingredients except the pectin.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat. Once boiling, stir constantly for one minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the pectin. Continue stirring for 5 minutes, allowing it to cool slightly.
- Use a canning funnel to pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2'' headspace.
- Heat a pot with a few cups of boiling water.
- Add about 1 cup of wax to a large glass jar that you can dispose of later. Place jar of wax into the boiling water (make sure the opening of the jar sits well above the boiling water.).
- Allow to sit until the wax is completely melted.
- Pour a little melted wax on top of the peach chutney inside the jars until it is about 1/2'' deep in each. Swirl the wax gently to make sure it touches all around the edge of the chutney jar, sealing it well.
- Place lids and rings on the jars. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.