Homemade Peach Chutney is like “Fall” in a jar! It’s very easy to make and preserve and tastes amazing over chicken, pork or fish.
This peach chutney is like “Fall” in a jar! It has all of the fall spices I love, including cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. We love it served with pork loin, over chicken, or with a mellow white fish, like halibut or tilapia. This recipe makes a dozen jars, so I preserve them so that I can have some all Fall/Winter and even give some as gifts!
Consider trying these popular peach recipes:
This delicious Peach Chutney is made with fresh peaches, craisins, raisins, and all your favorite Fall spices. Serve it over pork, chicken, and tilapia!
- 4 cups ripe peaches , peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (dried cranberries)
- 1/3 cup sweet onion , diced
- 1 jar McCormick crystallized ginger
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 7 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pouch liquid fruit pectin
- Put the peaches in a large kettle and add all other ingredients except the pectin.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat. Once boiling, stir constantly for one minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the pectin. Continue stirring for 5 minutes, allowing it to cool slightly.
- Use a canning funnel to pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2'' headspace.
Heat a pot with a few cups of boiling water.
Add about 1 cup of wax to a large glass jar that you can dispose of later. Place jar of wax into the boiling water (make sure the opening of the jar sits well above the boiling water.).
Allow to sit until the wax is completely melted.
Pour a little melted wax on top of the peach chutney inside the jars until it is about 1/2'' deep in each. Swirl the wax gently to make sure it touches all around the edge of the chutney jar, sealing it well.
Place lids and rings on the jars. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.