This easy and delicious Peach Pie has a no-bake filling using fresh peaches and a simple glaze layered in a homemade pie crust.
Embrace peach season with yummy recipes like homemade Peach Scones or my hugely popular Peach Cobbler and Peach Crisp!
What I LOVE about Peach Pie:
- No-bake! While the crust is blind-baked, the pie itself is not baked! Most other peach pies have a lattice pie crust top, but I love the flavor of fresh peaches, and I think the crust topping and baking takes away from the sweet peach flavor.
- Not soggy. Because it’s not baked, the pie doesn’t get soggy and messy and stays intact so you really get the full ripe peach flavor that’s downright delicious!
How to Make Peach Pie:
1. Prep peaches: Peel and chop the peaches, add them to a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice. Stir well to combine, then allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
2. Make filling: Drain peach juice into a measuring cup to get 1 cup of juice. Pour juice into a saucepan and stir in cornstarch. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the butter, salt and almond extract.
3. Add to baked pie shell: Add sliced peaches to pie shell and pour the thickened sauce on top.
4. Chill and serve. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top and chill for at least one hour before serving. Serve with whipped cream on top, if desired.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: Prep the entire pie up to 1 day ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
To freeze: Once pie has cooled completely, cover it tightly with an extra layer of plastic wrap and tinfoil. Freeze for 2-3 months. Allow to thaw completely before serving.
Consider trying these popular peach recipes:
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Fresh Peach Pie
- 6 cups fresh peaches , peeled and chopped (about 9 peaches)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 9 inch baked pie shell
- Whipped Cream , for topping
- Add peaches to a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice. Stir well to combine, then allow to rest for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring once or twice.
- Drain peach juice into a measuring cup to get 1 cup of juice (you can drink any additional juice, or save it for another recipe like my steak marinade).
- Pour juice into a saucepan and stir in cornstarch. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter, salt and almond extract.
- Pour peaches into a baked 9'' pie shell and pour the thickened sauce on top. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream on top, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I first shared this recipe August 2015. Updated July 2020 with process photos and instructions.
I love fresh peach pie. A numberr of years ago I had a recipe (Betty Crocker?) that that called for slightly sweetened whipped cream cheese spread on the bottom crust and then the peach filling spooned on top. So good and the crust doesn’t get soggy!
See More Comments