Fresh Peach Pie is a simple and delicious no-bake dessert and a yummy way to use your fresh peaches!
In case you’ve missed it, I’ve been celebrating peach season all week with yummy recipes like Peach, Basil, Mozzarella Flatbread, and Homemade Peach Chutney. And if you haven’t already, this amazing Peach Crisp is a must make!
Here’s the wonderful thing about this peach pie: it’s not baked. Sometimes traditional peach pies with a lattice crust top can loose their sweet peach flavor and get soggy and messy when they’re baked.
With this recipe you get all of the amazing flavor of the fresh peaches, the pie stays intact and it’s SO easy and un-messy. This fresh peach pie is downright delicious.
Consider trying these popular peach recipes:
Fresh Peach Pie
- 2 1/2 cups fresh peaches , (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 9 inch baked pie shell
- Whipped Cream , for topping
- Add peaches to a medium size bowl and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Allow to stand for 1 hour, tossing once or twice.
- Drain off juices, reserving them; juice should measure about 1 cup.
- Add peach juice and cornstarch to a small saucepan and stir well to combine. Cook over medium heat just until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter, salt and almond extract. Allow to cool a bit.
- Place peaches in baked pie shell.
- Smooth mixture from the saucepan over the top. Chill.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.