This Orange Pomegranate Salad is the perfect easy holiday side dish. Layered with sweet pomegranate arils, avocados, fresh oranges, thinly sliced onions, toasted walnuts and feta cheese. It has the perfect crunch and sweetness to accompany any dinner!
Hooray for pomegranate season! I honestly think I love eating pomegranates on my salads more than anything else, but I also can’t ever resist them on this yummy Coconut Veggie Bowl–YUM.
My kids love to eat them plain, with a spoon, or even tossed in their Greek yogurt for breakfast. They are such a treat, and I love how festive they make everything–especially salads.
One of my friends was recently telling me how she’s the “salad or veggie tray” girl at every family party. She’s never tasked with making any of the more important menu items. I told her that next time she should blow everyone away by bringing the most gorgeous, amazing salad or veggie tray they’ve ever seen!
I feel like this Orange Pomegranate Salad completely fits the bill for being beautiful and impressive looking, DELICIOUS, and super easy, all at the same time.
A few tips for this salad:
For your greens:
I like to use a mix of baby spinach and arugula for this salad, but any greens would work. Also, you can make the dressing a few days in advance and store it covered in the fridge.
For the walnuts:
Lastly, if you have time, try toasting your walnuts before adding them! It adds great extra flavor. Just throw them on a skillet over medium-high heat, tossing them gently for a few minutes, making sure they don’t burn.
I absolutely love the sweet, tangy, and crunchy combinations going on in this salad. It’s so fresh and light. The dressing is particularly fresh and light, as you will notice, and coats everything perfectly. How perfect would this salad be as a side in your Thanksgiving feast, or on the side of your Christmas ham? It’s the perfect festive holiday side dish!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Orange Pomegranate Salad
- 3 heaping cups Baby arugula
- 3 heaping cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts , I love them toasted!
- 1 large avocado , peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 green onions , minced
- juice from 1 medium size orange
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Add all of the salad dressing ingredients to a blender and pulse a few times until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed—more vinegar, orange, or honey, depending on your preference.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. This may be made a few days in advance.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad ingredients.
- To slice the oranges, cut a slice off the top and bottom of each orange to expose the flesh.
- Place the oranges upright on your cutting board and, following the contour of the orange, slice the peel off to expose the flesh. Then cut along the sections of the orange into slices.
- Rinse and pat dry the lettuce and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the chopped avocado with a little lemon juice to keep it from browning.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.