Better than take-out Orange Peel Chicken recipe that couldn’t be easier to make from scratch!
I’m all about take-out style recipes you can make from home. Orange chicken is one of my all-time favorites, but I also love:
The flavors in this recipe are perfect–sweet and tangy, with a little bit of spice. And you honestly can’t beat how EASY this dish is.
Made in one pan, no deep-frying or special methods. It’s way healthier than take-out too. I serve it with my favorite Fried Rice, (I leave out the ham and substitute brown rice.)
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
- Korean Ground Beef Bowls
Better than take-out homemade Orange Peel Chicken recipe that couldn't be easier to make from scratch!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 4 green onions , chopped
- hot cooked brown rice , for serving
- sesame seeds , for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2-4 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces to taste, for heat
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Add cornstarch and chicken pieces to a ziplock bag and shake to evenly coat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken in 2-3 batches, cooking for several minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Add more oil while cooking, if needed. Remove chicken to a plate.
Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and whisk well to combine.
Cook for a few minutes, until thickened. Add green onions and cooked chicken and toss to coat.
Serve over hot cooked rice with a few extra green onions and sesame seeds (optional) on top.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.