Better than take-out Orange Peel Chicken recipe that couldn’t be easier to make from scratch!
I’m all about take-out style recipes you can make from home. Orange chicken is one of my all-time favorites, but I also love:
The flavors in this recipe are perfect–sweet and tangy, with a little bit of spice. And you honestly can’t beat how EASY this dish is.
Made in one pan, no deep-frying or special methods. It’s way healthier than take-out too. I serve it with my favorite Fried Rice, (I leave out the ham and substitute brown rice.)
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
- Korean Ground Beef Bowls
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Orange Peel Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 4 green onions , chopped
- hot cooked brown rice , for serving
- sesame seeds , for garnish (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2-4 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces to taste, for heat
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Add cornstarch and chicken pieces to a ziplock bag and shake to evenly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken in 2-3 batches, cooking for several minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Add more oil while cooking, if needed. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and whisk well to combine.
- Cook for a few minutes, until thickened. Add green onions and cooked chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve over hot cooked rice with a few extra green onions and sesame seeds (optional) on top.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This was sooo delicious 😋
Love reading all your recipes
I have tried a number of them.
They turn out well. I am getting
lots of tastes great and tell
everyone where to go to ,to
get great ideas and they are so
Easy to make.
Many thanks, Ann
Would like to make this for a birthday dinner for family – question tho can I make this ahead of time as I will be pressed for time. Thank you.
You can make the whole dish ahead of time and reheat it on the stove before the dinner. Enjoy!
Made this tonight, added extra spice and heat while coating the chicken. It was amazing.
I liked this one but my family didn’t care for it. Followed the recipe exactly.
I just have to comment in this one. It has become a regular rotation. My 8 yr old daughter gets excited every time I make it and we have yet to have leftovers from this one. The family has really enjoyed every recipe I’ve made from this site, but this one is definitely a favorite. Skillet lasagna was a huge hit this week too. Thanks so much for putting this site together!!
See More Comments