This one Pan Skillet Lasagna with bite sized pasta, parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese is what comfort food is all about!
Yay for the weekend! I’m celebrating this beautiful autumn weather and the weekend by making this amazing One Pan Skillet Lasagna recipe! It will be ranked high among my favorite pasta dishes like:
This One Pan Skillet Lasagna is fantastic! No layering of noodles, and no mess. The pasta is cooked right in the sauce, with gives it an extra delicious flavor, and I added some small spoonfuls of ricotta cheese on top, with some fresh chopped basil.
The flavor is spot-on, and the whole dish couldn’t be easier to make!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces bite-size pasta ,penne, rigatoni or farfalle
- 1 1/2 cups water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Brown meat and remove some of the grease.
- Stir in garlic, minced onion, pasta sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and stir in pasta and water.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon a few scoops of ricotta on the top, and cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to warm.
- Top with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
You’ll notice I used a jar of Bertolli Tomato Basil sauce in the recipe, because I really like the brand. It’s so much better than regular bottled pasta sauce and it adds great flavor to this classic dish.
The first time I ever had this sauce was a few months ago when we were at a friend’s house for dinner. She made a delicious chicken parmesan dish with warm tomato basil sauce over pasta. I loved the sauce and when I asked her for the recipe she told me about Bertolli brand sauces. You can buy them, and some of their other amazing products, at any Kroger brand store, where they’re currently participating in the “Tasty of Italy” program.
Their pasta sauces are perfect for nights when I really need dinner to be quick, and delicious! They’re a great compliment to any Italian-inspired recipes, like this one.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and follow me for more great dinner ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine.