Honey BBQ Chicken Wraps made with crispy baked chicken smothered in a simple homemade honey bbq sauce.
If we ever go out to eat at a chain restaurant like Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Robin or some place like that, I always go straight for the “wrap” options on the menu.
Wraps always sound good to me, and I also love to get ideas from the menu of ways I can make them from home. They make great, EASY dinners, and I can always count on my family to eat them happily. Check out some of our favorite other wraps.
These Honey BBQ Chicken Wraps were developed in the aftermath of making this yummy baked popcorn chicken. We loved this crispy, juicy popcorn chicken so much (especially dipping it in BBQ sauce!) that I knew immediately that I wanted to transform it into a wrap.
I kept this recipe pretty simple because they crispy baked chicken smothered in BBQ sauce is the real star of the wrap. I added some coleslaw for crunch and flavor and the end result was completely DELICIOUS!
Consider trying these delicious lettuce wrap recipes:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Honey BBQ Chicken Wraps
- 1/2 recipe baked popcorn chicken
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw (or broccoli slaw)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays Original)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- sriracha hot sauce (optional), to taste
For the sauce:
- Heat the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the baked popcorn chicken bites into a large bowl.
- Pour most of the warm honey BBQ sauce on top (reserve a little extra for dipping or adding to the wraps) and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle a handful of shredded cheese on the base of the tortilla. I like to place them on a hot skillet for a minute or two for the cheese to begin to melt.
- Top with 5-6 pieces of bbq popcorn chicken.
- Drizzle with a little more BBQ sauce if you like a lot of sauce. Top with a handful of coleslaw mix.
- Roll and secure with a toothpick, if needed. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.