Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, Baked Popcorn Chicken, served with your favorite dipping sauce!
I’m on an appetizer CRAZE lately! Did you catch the yummy Cheesy Bean Dip I shared last week? I’ve got a few more awesome appetizers to share with you all in the coming days as well. They will join the ranks of my many favorite Party Appetizers, perfect for superbowl Sunday!
These Baked Popcorn Chicken Bites are AWESOME! I really hate frying chicken–mostly because it’s terrible for you, but also because it’s a pain in the neck. This baked chicken has the same crispy coating that everyone loves from fried chicken, and they’re waayyyy easier! The crisp coating is delicious, and the chicken stays nice and tender and juicy on the inside. Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce and just see how fast they get devoured! we prefer BBQ, Ranch and my favorite homemade chick-fil-a sauce for dunking.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces (about 2-3 large breasts)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal lightly crushed
- ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl or ziplock bag and add flour, stirring or shaking to coat completely. Set aside.
- Add eggs and milk to a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside. In another shallow bowl combine crushed cornflakes, salt and pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Dip each piece of flour-coated chicken into the egg mixture, followed by the cornflakes, gently pressing the cornflake mixture into the chicken. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and return to oven for an additional 7-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with BBQ sauce, ranch, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Never miss a post! Follow me on: