Gingerbread Waffles with Vanilla Cream Syrup are perfect for a fun holiday breakfast. They are super easy to make from scratch and taste delicious!
It’s December! Today is my little boy’s birthday. He’s three years old! Most days he is the sweetest, friendliest, happiest little guy around. He says “hi” to everyone, everywhere we go.
He’s so social. And I kind of hate/love to see him getting so big. I love to see him learn new things and be able to do more on his own. He’s so dang smart. But I seriously miss my little baby.
I made him a simple little train cake that I think he’s going to love.–Maybe I’ll get around to posting pics of it 🙂
Birthday breakfasts are a big thing in our house. Jacks chose waffles so I’m making these delicious Gingerbread Waffles with Vanilla Cream Syrup. (You could seriously pour the vanilla cream syrup on cardboard and it would be amazing. That stuff is GOOOOD!)
The key to really great waffles is separating the yolks and whites. You beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the batter at the end. That makes them extra air-y (is that a word?) and delicious. I use the same technique in my Belgium Waffles and they’re the best!
Consider trying these breakfast favorites:
- Maple Bacon Pancakes with Pecan Praline Topping
- Classic French Toast
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Best Breakfast Potatoes
Gingerbread Waffles with Vanilla Cream Syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
For the Vanilla Cream Syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the waffles:
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs yolks, oil, milk, Greek yogurt and molasses and mix well.
- Add the egg whites to a large bowl and beat with electric mixers until they reach stiff peaks.
- Add the wet milk/molasses mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Heat a waffle iron and grease with butter or cooking spray. Add about ¼ cup of batter to the hot waffles iron (or more, depending on what type of iron your using).
- Serve warm with syrup.
For the vanilla cream syrup:
- Add sugar, butter and cream to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted.
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving over waffles.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Nutritional information does not include syrup.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.