These Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies are proof that you don’t need to be a professional baker or have any special equipment to make a super cool, creepy Halloween treat. These easy Halloween cookies are as creepy and easy as it gets!
Raise your hand if your in need of an EASY Halloween treat?! Most people have the ingredients they need already to make chocolate chip cookies, which means you have everything you need to make these Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies!
Add 2-3 chocolate chip to the top of each cookie right when they come out of the oven.
Then melt the remaining chocolate chips, pour the melted chocolate into a small ziplock bag with the corner cut off and draw spider legs on the chocolate chips. So easy, and so cute!
My little boy LOVED these and talked about them for days. They make quite an impression 😉
Did I mention that this chocolate chip cookie recipe is my all time favorite? Super soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies–just the way I like them! Kill two birds with one stone–a delicious treat your party-goers will love, and a spooky one to. Happy Halloween!
Consider trying these Halloween favorites:
Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons butter , melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large + 1 egg yolk egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda..
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in ¾ cup chocolate chips. The dough will be soft.
- Gently scoop dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 3-4 chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie, point side up.
- Add remaining chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Just barely cut the corner off of a small ziplock bag (you want the hole to be very small to make your spider legs). Spoon the melted chocolate into the bag and use it draw spider legs on the sides of the chocolate chips.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or freeze in a freezer ziplock bag.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.