These delicious Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are perfectly seasoned and roasted for a crunchy, healthy and EASY snack that kids love to help make!
Once you’ve scooped the seeds out of your pumpkin you can fill the inside with a delicious meat and rice dinner and cook dinner in a pumpkin!
When eating pumpkin seeds you can eat the whole thing: the shell and the kernel inside. I like to buy smaller pumpkins so the seeds are not too big. Eating the whole seeds provides the most nutrients and the most flavor, since the seasonings coat the shells.
I season my pumpkin seeds simply, with salt or seasoned salt, but you can really add whatever spices you like including pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds:
1. Remove seeds from pumpkin.
2. Rinse well in a colander and pat dry. Spread seeds out on a baking sheet and allow them to sit out overnight to dry.
3. Season and roast: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Drizzle dry pumpkin seeds with olive oil and salt. Bake for 35-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden.
Storing Instructions: Once completely cooled, store pumpkin seeds in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks, or in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Remove seeds from pumpkin.
- Rinse well in a colander and pat dry.
- Spread seeds out on a baking sheet and allow them to sit out overnight to dry.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Drizzle dry pumpkin seeds with olive oil and salt. Bake for 35-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience!