These chocolate chip Spider Cookies are are so fun and easy to make with pantry ingredients and no special equipment or skills required. They’re the funnest cool and creepy Halloween cookies!
Why I love this Halloween treat:
- No Special Equipment – Anyone can now make a cool, spooky, Halloween treat without ANY special equipment or advanced skill!
- Crowd Pleaser – Everyone loves a classic chocolate chip cookie, so these spooky treats are always a party favorite when it comes to Halloween cookies!
- Quick – Short on time? These cookies will be done and ready for Halloween festivities in less than 30 minutes!
How to make Spider Cookies:
Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Scoop cookie dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 325°F for 10-12 minutes.
Top with a few Chocolate Chips: Remove from oven and place 3-4 chocolate chips on each cookie, point side up.
Melt Chocolate Chips: Melt remaining chocolate chips in in a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
Make Spider Design: Pour melted chocolate in a small ziplock bag and make a very small hole in one corner. Draw spider legs on the sides of the chocolate chips to make Spider Cookies.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: Store leftover Halloween cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 days, or freeze for another day for maximum freshness.
To Freeze: Place cooled cookies in an air-tight freezer safe container or bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Halloween Desserts:
Follow me for more great recipes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in ¾ cup chocolate chips. The dough will be soft.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 3-4 chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie, point side up.
- Add remaining chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a ziplock bag. Use scissors to cut the smallest slit from one of the corners (you want the hole to be very small to make your spider legs). Squeeze the melted chocolate through the small hole, next to the chocolate chips on top of the cookie, to make 8 spider legs.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe October 2015. Updated October 2022.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you!
This post contains affiliate links.