Some of my favorite pumpkin recipes include:
A classic Pumpkin Roll is one of my favorites, but it does take time and care to make it look great. If you’ve had trouble making a pumpkin roll in the past, or if you just want an easier version, this recipe is for you! The same amazing taste and texture of a pumpkin roll, but as a regular cake instead. DELICIOUS!
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13'' baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the cream cheese layer first. Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the egg, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla and beat until smooth.
- For the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and 1½ cups sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, pumpkin, milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add them to the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the pan and spread into an even layer. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter. Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese layer and smooth into an even layer. Use a knife to trace the pan in a swirl motion to marble the cream cheese and pumpkin layers together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the cake springs back when touched. Allow to cool before serving.
Adapted from The Recipe Critic
Never miss a post! Follow me on:
If you like this recipe you may like: