Pumpkin Cake is so much easier than making a pumpkin roll, but still tastes AMAZING!! Baked in a 9×13 inch pan and topped with cream cheese filling!
It’s a real shame that Pumpkin season isn’t a year-round thing. There are just too many amazing recipes for too short of a time!
A Classic Pumpkin Roll is one of my favorites, but it does take time and care to make it look great. If you’ve had trouble making a pumpkin roll in the past, or if you just want an easier version, this recipe is for you!
The same amazing taste and texture of a pumpkin roll, but as a regular cake instead. DELICIOUS!
SOME OF MY FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES INCLUDE:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin and Black Bean Chili
Pumpkin Roll Cake
For the cake:
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 15 ounce can canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13'' baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the cream cheese layer first. Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the egg, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla and beat until smooth.
- For the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and 1½ cups sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, pumpkin, milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add them to the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the pan and spread into an even layer. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter.
- Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese layer and smooth into an even layer. Use a knife to trace the pan in a swirl motion to marble the cream cheese and pumpkin layers together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the cake springs back when touched. Allow to cool before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.