This Street Corn Dip recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy the flavors of Mexican Street Corn. It has fresh corn on the cob (or frozen), diced chilies, and onion sautéed then tossed in a flavorful and creamy sauce. It’s a 15-minute dip that’s sure to be a winner!
Looking for more dip recipes? Try Cowboy Caviar, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Cheesy Bean Dip, or Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick – This Street Corn Dip is ready in just 15 minutes! One of the quickest appetizer recipes there is!
- Easy – Only a handful of ingredients, you can use leftover corn on the cob, or even frozen corn.
- Copycat of store favorites – My kids are obsessed with the Trader Joes “Everything But the Elote”, and the Costco’s Street Corn dips, and I was excited to come up with my own copycat recipe of them that’s delicious, less expensive and better for you!
How to make Street Corn Dip:
Sauté Veggies: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add oil then add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add corn, diced green chiles and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender (about 5 minutes), then remove from heat.
Make Sauce: In a separate bowl mix together mayo, yogurt, chili powder, tajin, garlic powder, cilantro, lime juice and cheddar cheese.
Combine: Stir in corn mixture from skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and cotija cheese on top, if desired. Serve warm or cold (dip will thicken as it chills). Serve with chips for dipping.
Make Ahead Instructions:
To Make Ahead: This Mexican corn dip recipe can be stored in an airtight container for 5-7 days, and can be served warm or cold. It’s a great dip to make the day before.
- Corn: Cut corn from the cob, if possible (you’ll need about 1 large ear, or more if you want). Frozen corn will also work. This Elote dip recipe is great way to use leftover Grilled Corn on the Cob or Instant Pot Corn on the Cob. I also like to use Trader Joes frozen grilled corn.
- Cheese: Cotija cheese is traditional, but if you can’t find it, substitute finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Yogurt: Could substitute Mexican crema or sour cream.
- Elotes Recipe (Mexican Corn)
- Esquites (Mexican Corn in a Cup)
Follow me for more great recipes
Street Corn Dip (Elote Dip)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup white onion , diced
- 1 diced green chiles , canned, mild
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup corn* , or more, if desired
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tajin
- 1 lime , juice from
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro , plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cotija cheese or queso fresco , (optional)
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Chips , for serving
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add oil. Once hot, add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add corn, diced green chiles and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl mix together mayo, yogurt, chili powder, tajin, garlic powder, cilantro, lime juice, and cheddar cheese. Stir in corn mixture from skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and cotija cheese on top, if desired.
- Serve warm or cold (dip will thicken as it chills). Serve with chips for dipping.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I brought this to a friend and it was literally the most delicious thing ever!!