How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Gather your ingredients: cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!), Franks hot sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing.
- Add chicken and hot sauce to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
3. Serve. This buffalo chicken dip can be served with crusty bread (my personal favorite), celery sticks, veggies, crackers, pita bread or whatever you’d like to dip in it.
To make baked buffalo chicken dip, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into a 8×8 baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Mix well and cook on low for 2 hours.
Spicy or Mild?
This dip can be as spicy of mild as you like. My husband and I LOVE spicy food, so we always buy the extra-hot buffalo sauce. However, if you want a milder, more kid-friendly version, just buy the mild Frank’s red hot buffalo sauce.
Consider trying these popular appetizers:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 20 ounces cream cheese (2 ½ - 8 oz. packages)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (or bleu cheese dressing)
- 1 1/2 cups Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Add shredded chicken and hot sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Stir until well blended and warm.
- Serve with crusty bread, celery sticks, crackers, pita bread or whatever you'd like to dip in it.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe January 2014. Updated January 2020 with improved process photos and clearer instructions.