Delicious, caramelized grilled corn on the cob is so fun to make on the grill and is the perfect summer side dish.
There’s nothing easier, cheaper or tastier than Grilled Corn on the Cob! You can usually find good ears of corn for .25-.50 cents a piece and they only take 10-15 minutes to grill–a win-win! And, Grilled Corn on the Cob makes the perfect, fabulous side dish to just about any meal!
There are a few popular methods of grilling corn on the BBQ. Some people leave the husks on while they grill, some wrap them in tinfoil, or others (like me) like to cook them “bare boned”, right on the grill!
I love the look and flavor when the kernels get individually caramelized and brown from laying right on the hot grill! The key is to keep them from getting dry or burned, so follow the recipe below for perfect grilled corn on the cob!
Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears corn
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- First, soak your husked corn ears for 30 minutes in a sink full of cold water. (This will help keep them plump and tender!)
- When corn is almost finished soaking, fire up your grill! Remove corn from the water and pat dry.
- Brush olive oil over the corn, making sure it's evenly coated all over. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place corn on the upper rack of your grill over medium heat. The key is to rotate the corn often, over medium heat, to keep it cooking without drying out.
- Cook on the upper rack, continually rotating, for about 12-15 minutes or until you see golden brown spots around the corn.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.