This easy Christmas Punch recipe with sparkling cranberry and apple flavors is the perfect homemade beverage for a holiday gathering! Adding alcohol or leaving it non-alcoholic makes it great for kids and adults alike.
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick – Only 15 minutes from start to finish for the perfect Christmas beverage to compliment your meal!
- Festive – This bright red punch will add the perfect holiday touch of color and make it feel like Christmas.
- Delicious – Everyone always raves about this drink when I serve it. It’s refreshing, full of flavor, and an absolute crowd pleaser! We look forward to it every year!
- Fresh Cranberries
- Granulated Sugar
- Apple Cider
- Cranberry Juice
- Ginger Ale
- Water & Ice
How to make Christmas Punch:
Combine Ingredients: Pour the water, sugar, and cranberries in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop. Pour into a container and allow it to cool to room temperature, or chill in the fridge until cooled.
Add Juice: Pour cooled cranberry syrup in a pitcher, followed by apple cider, cranberry juice and lime juice and chill until ready to serve.
Once ready to serve, pour in Ginger-Ale and ice.
Serve this old fashioned Christmas punch with thinly sliced lime, apples, or oranges floating on top, or even a cinnamon stick to add to the festive appearance (optional). Add them all last so they don’t add any bitter flavors to the drink.
Make Ahead and Instructions:
To Make Ahead: The whole Christmas drink recipe can be made 1-2 days ahead of time, just don’t add the ginger-ale, ice, or any garnishes until ready to serve. Store covered in the fridge.
More Beverages to Try:
- Homemade Eggnog
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
- Creamy Hot Cocoa
- Homemade Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
- Oreo Milkshake
- Chocolate Milkshake
- Sparkling Mint Limeade
Follow me for more great recipes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry juice (not juice cocktail)
- juice from half of a small lime
- 3 cups ginger ale , chilled
- crushed ice
- Combine the water, sugar and cranberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop. Pour into a tupperware and allow to cool to room temperature, or chill in the fridge until cooled.
- Add cooled cranberries to a pitcher. Add apple cider, cranberry juice and lime juice and chill until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, add ginger-ale and ice.
- Optional: Serve with thinly sliced lime, apples, or oranges floating on top, or even a cinnamon stick to add to the festive appearance. Add them all last so they don't add any bitter flavors to the drink.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe November 2016. Updated December 2020.