Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider with a homemade caramel sauce is a fun and easy holiday drink the whole family will love!
I say YES, yes, yes to all slow cooker recipes! It’s my favorite kitchen appliance this time of year 🙂 Some of my favorite Slow Cooker recipes include:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
If you’ve ever made homemade apple cider, or hot wassail, you know it’s worth it just for how amazing it makes your house smell! That sweet apple cinnamon smell is enough to make anyones mouth water.
I’ve made slow cooker apple cider before, but this time I wanted to make it into Caramel Apple Cider. Have you ever had Starbuck’s Caramel Apple Cider? It’s amazing, and that’s what inspired this recipe. A warm, sweet, caramel-y cider drink topped with fresh whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce. This recipe is spot-on and couldn’t be easier to make from home!
Consider trying these holiday drinks:
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
- 5 medium apples (I used red and green)
- 1 whole orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce or store-bought
- Wash apples and orange. Chop apples into quarters (you can leave the stems/seeds etc.) Add them to the slow cooker along with the whole orange.
- Add water, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, clove and allspice. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for for 3-4 hours. (If you notice the orange spit open at any point during cooking, remove it from the pot so it doesn't make the cider bitter. This has never happened to me, but it can happen.)
- One hour before the mixture is done cooking, mash the apples with a potato masher. Replace lid and continue cooking 1 more hour.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the contents into a large heat-proof pitcher.
- Stir in brown sugar and caramel sauce and stir to dissolve. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream and caramel sauce drizzled on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers for 5-6 days. Rewarm to serve.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.