A Homemade Sparkling Mint Limeade recipe with fresh squeezed limes and mint leaves. We love this cool and refreshing summer beverage!
This month we spent some time visiting my family in Utah. We enjoyed the amazing weather and relaxed poolside with some nice cold drinks, like this amazing homemade limeade!
Although I’ll always be a huge fan of homemade Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, lately I’m obsessed with sparkling water. I could drink La Croix all day long, served over ice. I decided to add some sparkling water to my favorite limeade recipe to give it that little fizz that I love, but if you like traditional limeade, you can replace the sparkling water with regular still water.
How to make limeade:
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring them to a boil. This will make a simple syrup that will be the base sweetner to the limeade, to offset the sourness of the limes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in fresh mint leaves. That amazing mint flavor will infuse into the simple syrup.
- Once this mixture is cooled, add it to a pitcher with fresh lime juice, water (still or sparkling), and extra mint springs, if desired. Add lots of ice, of course.
How to cut and juice a lime:
You will need a lime and a pairing knife. It’s best to cut the lime into specific pieces before squeezing and juicing them to ensure you get the most juice out of the lime. First, make a lengthwise cut in the lime just to the side of the stem. Make the same, lengthwise but on the other side of the stem. Then rotate the lime and make two more lengthwise cuts so that you have four oval like pieces of lime and one rectangular core-like piece.
Finally, squeeze each lime piece over your bowl. The best part of this method is that lime juice wont be running down your hand or arm. Instead it will drop right down into your pan/bowl.
Consider trying one of these favorite drinks:
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Caribbean Passion Jamba Juice Copycat Smoothie
- Best Beginners Green Smoothie
- Banana Orange Julius
- Power Smoothie
Sparkling Mint Limeade
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 5 sprigs fresh mint leaves , divided
- Add sugar and 1 cup water to a sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and add 2 sprigs of fresh mint. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the simple syrup to a pitcher. Add fresh lime juice, cold water, sparkling water and remaining sprigs of fresh mint leaves. Stir well.
- Taste for sweetness and add more cold water to dilute, if necessary.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe August 2015. Updated July 2018.