I was fortunate to grow up skiing and snowboarding all winter long, and one of my favorite things to do with friends was take our lunch break at a lodge and drink a yummy, warm mug of hot chocolate! The whipping cream on top was always the best part! There’s really nothing tastier on a cold day than a mug of cream hot cocoa! This recipe is amazing–not too sweet—just perfect!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE YUMMY DRINKS:
- Homemade Eggnog
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
- Homemade Sparkling Apple Cider
- Sparkling Cranberry Apple Punch
Creamy Hot Cocoa
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- dash of salt
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half and half (or evaporated milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cocoa and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add a dash of salt and the boiling water. Bring the mixture to a slow boil, stirring continuously.
- Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and stir continually for 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and heat until very hot, but not boiling!
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs.
- Add the half & half to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.
- Top with whipped cream if desired!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.