This easy Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookie recipe is the perfect seasonal twist on an old classic, with hints of pumpkin spice flavor. I guarantee they will will be your new favorite!
Why I love this recipe:
- Unique – The hint of pumpkin, cinnamon and sugar make this the best cookie for Fall and the holidays.
- Texture– A good snickerdoodle needs to be soft and chewy and these have the perfect texture.
- Easy – With just a few steps, this pumpkin cookie recipe is simple, and my kids love helping form the dough balls and roll them in the cinnamon sugar!
How to make Pumpkin Snickerdoodles:
Cream Butter and Sugar: Mix together butter and shortening until smooth. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
Finish Cookie Dough: Mix in eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
Roll in Cinnamon Sugar: Scoop refrigerated dough into balls and roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Place on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Press: Using the palm of your hand, slightly press down on each cookie.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes (don’t over bake!). Remove pumpkin spice snickerdoodles immediately to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storage and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: Keep these pumpkin spice cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
To Freeze: Let cool completely then place them in a freezer safe bag in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cookies: Add some cream cheese frosting on top of these fluffy pumpkin snickerdoodles after they are cooled.
- Classic Snickerdoodles Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Bars
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
More Cookie Favorites:
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Monster Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pecan Sandies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Super Soft Sugar Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
Follow me for more great recipes
- 3/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar , for rolling the dough balls in
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon , for rolling the dough balls in
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- Mix together butter and shortening until smooth. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small bowl mix ¼ cup granulated sugar and the 1 Tablespoon cinnamon.
- Scoop refrigerated dough into balls and roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Using the palm of your hand, lightly press on each cookie dough ball.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes (don’t over bake!) Remove immediately to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!