Peach Crumb Cake is a soft and delicious cake layered with fresh peaches and baked with a sweet cinnamon crumb topping. It makes a delicious brunch cake or serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Peaches! Hands down my favorite fruit of summer. We are lucky enough to live near a beautiful orchard where we pick them fresh, but since they’re not ready for picking yet, I recently bought a flat from Costco. They were delicious! We enjoyed most of them plain, some of them with vanilla ice cream, and the last few I saved for this yummy Peach Crumb Cake!
Once I pick 20 lbs worth at the orchard I’ll be making more of my favorite peach recipes, including:
- Canned Peaches (hooray for enjoying peaches all year long!)
- Peach Pie
- Peach Crisp
- Peach Freezer Jam
- Fresh Peach Pie
- Peach, Basil, Mozzarella Flatbread
A simple homemade cake batter, topped with fresh peach slices and a cinnamon crumb topping. Baked through and the top will get a delicious golden crisp to it.
This yummy cakes blurs the lines between brunch food and dessert. It works great as both! The bottom layer of cake has just the right touch of sweetness and it’s the perfect light texture.
We adapted this Peach Crumb Cake from Cooking Classy. It’s best served warm, and the vanilla glaze on top is completely optional–I think it makes the cake look pretty–but the flavor wont be effected if you leave it out.
Consider trying these popular peach recipes:
Peach Crumb Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh peaches , at room temperature, peeled, cored and sliced (about 3 medium sliced into 10 slices each)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
Vanilla Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the crumb topping:
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until well blended.
- Pour in melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Peel and slice peaches
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, mixing after each addition, and the vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl stir together the buttermilk and sour cream.
- Add a little of the flour mixture into the egg batter and stir just until combined. Then add part of the buttermilk mixture and stir until combined.
- Repeat this process, ending with the flour mixture, until everything is combined.
- Grease an 8 or 9'' baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Smooth cake batter evenly into the pan.
- Top with sliced peaches.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top, breaking it into small crumbs with your fingers as you go.
- Bake in preheated oven until center of cake is set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 50 - 55 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze, if desired.
For the glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl until well blended. Add more milk to thin it, if needed.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.