This Peach Blackberry Tart is pretty enough to seem “fancy” and impressive, but it couldn’t be easier to make! A great easy dessert idea for your fresh summer peaches and blackberries.
I think this is the first year ever that I almost bought more peaches then we could eat! We went to Eckerts, our favorite Orchard and stocked up, just liked we do every year. Last year I made this delicious Peach Crumb Cake, and Baked Peaches (after I canned most of them, of course).
This year I shared these fantastic Peach Scones, and now I’m so happy to share this beautiful, EASY Peach Blackberry Tart! Some people call this a “gallete”, but I feel like that word can seem intimidating to the average baker, to I decided to just call it a tart. It’s basically a simplified version of a pie.
How to make a peach blackberry tart (gallete):
First, you roll out a pie crust, just like you would if you were making a pie. Then you layer the center with fresh peaches that have been tossed in a simple sauce. Next you gently fold the outer edge of the crust up and over the fruit, overlapping it to form a circle.
How easy is that?!
I like to brush the crust lightly with an egg wash and add a sprinkle of sugar so that it looks pretty. After the tart bakes, allow it to cool for a few minutes before cutting it into slices. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream. The perfect delicious summer dessert!
Consider trying these popular peach recipes:
Peach Blackberry Tart
- reserved peach juice about ⅓ cup
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- egg wash: 1 egg white + 1 Tbsp water
- Sugar- for sprinkling
- Add sliced peaches to a mixing bowl. Add sugar and lemon juice and stir a couple of times. Rest for 3 minutes. Stir again. Rest for another 3 minutes. The sugar will help bring out the juice from the peaches, so continue to stir and rest, as needed, until you have about ⅓ cup peach juice.
- Strain peach juice into a small saucepan. Set peaches aside.
- Mix cornstarch and water together until smooth. Add to the saucepan with the peach juice. Stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Lightly dust a piece of parchment or wax paper with flour. Roll out pie crust into a large circle, 11-12’’ in diameter.
- Add the sauce from saucepan (it should be pretty thick) back to the bowl with the peaches and toss to coat.
- Use a slotted spoon to layer the peaches into the center of the rolled out pie crust, leaving any excess sauce in the bowl. Top with blackberries.
- Gently fold the outer edge of the crust up and over the fruit, overlapping as needed to form a circle.
- Brush a light egg wash on the edges of the crust. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 35-40 min. or until the crust is golden brown. Depending on how juicy your peaches are, you may want to check the tart while baking. If you see pools of juice threatening to leak out of the crust you can use a paper towel to blot the juice out.
- Cool for a few minutes before cutting into slices. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.