Warm and juicy Baked Peaches with an oat crumble topping, caramel sauce and served with vanilla ice cream! They make the perfect warm and healthy dessert!
We bought a giant box of peaches from our local peach truck and can’t wait to cook my way through all my favorite peach recipes including Peach Crisp, Peach Cobbler, and fresh Peach Pie!
I could pretty much live off of peaches this time of year. I love them for breakfast with a piece of toast in the morning, I love to freeze them for smoothies, and I love adding them to salads or in dinner recipes like my favorite Peach Basil Mozzarella Flatbread. And I, obviously, love to serve them for dessert!
How to Make Baked Peaches:
1. Make crumb topping: In a small bowl add the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
2. Peel peaches (Optional! You can leave the skins on) slice in half and remove the pit.
3. Arrange in baking pan. Place the peaches face-up in a small baking pan. Add a big spoonful of crumb topping to the center of each peach.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes or until crumb topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle a little bit of caramel sauce over each peach.
5. Serve. Top with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream (and extra caramel sauce), if desired.
Tips for this recipe:
- Choose the right peaches: I love freestone (rather than clingstone) peaches because the pit comes out easily when they’re sliced in half. Look for peaches that have nicely colored red and yellow skin, peaches that smell “peachy”and that give just slightly when you gently squeeze them. These are all signs of ripeness.
- Peel peaches the easy way: Check out my guide for super easily peeling peaches!
Make Ahead Instructions:
Make the crumb topping ahead of time and peel peaches ahead of time if you like to bake them without the peel. You can also make the caramel sauce ahead of time if making homemade. Assemble and bake just before serving and serve warm.
Consider trying these popular peach recipes:
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
- 3 ripe freestone peaches
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons cold salted butter , cut into pieces
- caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- vanilla Ice Cream optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl add the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Peel peaches (Optional! You can leave the skins on) slice in half and remove the pit.
- Place the peaches face-up in a small baking pan.
- Add a big spoonful of crumb topping to the center of each peach.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until crumb topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle a little bit of caramel sauce over each peach.
- Top with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream (and extra caramel sauce), if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Such a quick and yummy dessert!! I had a horrible time de pitting the peach I had but the recipe was on point! Also I made the caramel from scratch with your recipe and my son can’t stop eating it with cut up apples. So glad I found your site!!
Made these tonight. They were so delicious but simple and easy!! A win win! I made them exactly as written but without the caramel sauce (didn’t have any) or ice cream. Will definitely make again! Thank you for the recipe!!
Love the crispy topping recipe. It’s the best part! Easy recipe to use with really ripe peaches. Yum!!
OMG YUM!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to try it!!!!
Thank you for the recipe! It’s so good. I made it from our peach tree! Yummmy!
I added a little nutmeg a tad more butter. So delicious! Thanks
I made these tonight. So yummy! So easy!
Love, Love, Love these baked peaches! Made them last evening and they were so yummy. Forgot to buy oats so I used very finely chopped pecans instead. Worked out perfectly. I had whipped cream on mine and my husband had ice cream. Will definitely made these again. Also going to try the Peach Crisp before fresh peaches are out of season.
Thanks for the recipe Lauren!
Thanks for sharing! I am so happy you and your husband enjoyed them!
These are so delicious and easy to make for just me and my husband when the kids go to bed. haha. I’ve also made these for a get together and they are so perfect with the individual serving size all built in. So so yummy.
I don’t think the ice cream is optional! These sound so good and such a comfort. Thanks for sharing.
Wishes for tasty dishes,