This Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe is made with a delicious homemade meat sauce and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
What I love:
- One Pot Spaghetti makes for the easiest clean up!
- Ready in under 30 minutes. The instant pot cooks the noodles, meat, and sauce all at once!
- Homemade sauce will make this a family favorite!
How to make Instant Pot Spaghetti:
- Brown the meat using the Instant pot sauté function. Drain grease and add onions and spices.
- Add pasta, breaking in half and placing on top.
- Make sauce by mixing crushed tomatoes and tomato paste together. Pour over noodles and add water.
- Cook on Manual for 5 minutes. Allow 5 minute natural release, and then turn valve to quick release.
- Toss and serve with fresh parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes (optional), and fresh chopped parsley.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: The meat can be browned up to 2 days in advance.
To Freeze: Remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Store in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating. For best results, cook the spaghetti for only 3 minutes at high pressure, so the noodles don’t over cook when reheated, after freezing.
- Instant Pot Bolognese: Add ½ pound diced pancetta, 1 diced carrot, and 1 diced celery rib when you brown the meat. Pour in ½ cup of red wine to deglaze the pot. Continue with the seasonings, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste. Only add ½ cup of water. Pressure cook for 20 minutes with a natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release. Add more tomato paste and seasonings, if desired. Stir in ¼ cup heavy cream with fresh parmesan cheese. Boil noodles separately in pot on stove.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs: Instead of browning the meat, add cooked, frozen meatballs to the bottom of the pot first, then continue layering the ingredients as the recipe instructs. Or try my Instant Pot Penne and Meatballs.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti without Meat: Skip the meat, and add the dry noodles in the bottom of the pot. Mix tomatoes and tomato paste together and pour over noodles. Add seasonings and water on top, then cook as directed in recipe.
Try my other Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cajun Pasta
- Instant Pot Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Penne and Meatballs
- Instant Pot Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Pressure Cooker
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- salt , pepper,
- 1 small yellow onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped (2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder , sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese , for topping
- fresh parsley leaves , chopped, for garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes , optional, for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add the ground beef and sausage, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook the meat, breaking the meat up into pieces until it’s browned. Drain grease.
- (At this point I like to put the meat in my food processor and pulse it 2-3 times to break it up into very small pieces. I think it makes the sauce smoother and yummier. Then add it back to the IP. This step is completely optional).
- Add onion to the pot and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, garlic powder, sugar, Italian seasonings, red wine vinegar.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and place on top of meat mixture.
- Stir together the crushed tomato and tomato paste and pour over the noodles.
- Add water.
- Push the spaghetti down with a spoon if necessary to make they are submerged.
- Seal the instant pot and set it to manual mode, high pressure, 5 minutes cooking time.
- When the time is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release. I place a towel over the quick release spout to catch the steam.
- Open IP and gently toss everything together.
- Serve warm topped with fresh parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh chopped parsley.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE this recipe and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe February 2018. Updated May 2021.