Homemade Chili Cheese Dip with chili, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and salsa can be made on the stove top or in the slow cooker!
It’s Superbowl time baby! HOLLA! It’s the one day of the year that I actually sit and watch the ENTIRE game! This task is made easier by having a large pot of homemade Chili Cheese Dip (or “QUESO” as well call it in our house) within reach.
Seriously though, what’s better than a relaxing Sunday afternoon watching a great game–and hopefully some funny commercials!? And you know everyone’s wondering if the half-time show will have any bloopers 😉 .
But the best part of the Superbowl is, of course, the party food! If you’re looking for some more great food ideas, don’t miss this roundup of Fun Party Appetizers! This chili cheese dip though….hold the chips and give me a spoon! And it’s only four ingredients, making it the easiest appetizer ever!
Consider trying these popular appetizers:
Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 3/4 cups of your favorite homemade chili*
- 8 ounces cream cheese , cut into cubes
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
To make in a saucepan:
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese is bubbly, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add more milk to thin the mixture, if necessary.
To make in the Slow Cooker:
- Place cream cheese cubes in the slow cooker. Smoother them with chili, then salsa, then the cheddar cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 1-3 hours. Stir and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.