Everyone always LOVES these delicious and simple Tomato Basil Mozzarella Toasts. Serve them as a side dish or appetizer. A crusty baguette toasted with fresh mozzarella and tomato and garnished with basil.
One day I hope to have an amazing garden that produces so many tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, green beans, and squash that I can’t eat them fast enough!
My grandpa had the most beautiful garden and we reaped the benefits every summer during my youth. It had every amazing vegetable you could want and it, and had over 30 raspberry bushes, apricot trees, cherry trees and plum trees. We loved going to grandma and grandpa’s house and picking from their garden.
Whenever I hear people say they don’t like tomatoes I’m convinced they’ve never tried a tomato straight from the garden. There is nothing more delicious!
Having a garden like that of mine own would be a dream–but I’d probably have to hire a gardener because I’m about the farthest thing from a “green thumb” when it comes to taking care of plants. For now I’ll have to be happy with a fresh little herb pot outside my door.
Tomato mozzarella basil toasts were a regular part of summer meals in my youth. We’d have them as a main dish, with lots of fresh fruit and grilled veggies. We’d often eat them as a heart snack, or even as an appetizer. My mom recently made these as part of the food at a bridal shower for my cousin and they were a huge hit. They’re SO EASY to make, and they look as a amazing as they taste.
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Toasts
- 1 Crusty French Baguette
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 Roma tomatoes , thinly sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves , finely chopped
- Heat oven High broil.
- Slice the baguette in half, lengthwise, so that you're left with two long halves of bread.
- Slice the mozzarella ball into very thin slices. Sliced the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Layer mozzarella slices along the bread, cut size up.
- Place on a baking tray and broil for 3-4 minutes or until mozzarella has begun to melt and bubble slightly.
- Remove from oven and lay tomato slices on top.
- Return to oven for 1-2 more minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil. Slice into pieces. Garnish very lightly with salt and pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.