Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are seasoned with a simple spice rub and cooked (from fresh or frozen), then tossed in your favorite wing sauce! They only take 5 minutes to prepare, and are quick and easy cooked in the air fryer.
Why I love Air Fryer Wings:
- Faster than the oven: my oven baked wings are amazing, but they can take 30 minutes to an hour to cook and get that great crispy skin. Wings in the air fryer only take about 20 minutes!
- Crispy Skin: Like my other air fryer recipes, you end up with a crispy product that’s just as good as if it were truly “fried”, without the extra calories!
- 5 minute prep!
How to Make Air Fryer Wings:
Dry the wings well with paper towels. This is essential to getting a crispy coating.
Toss with dry spice rub. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and baking powder in a small bowl. Then sprinkle the seasoning over the wings, tossing to evenly coat.
Air Fry. Arrange wings, skin side up and bake, turning every 5 minutes until wings are crispy and browned (about 15 minutes total). The total cook time will depend on the size of the wings but may take up to 20 minutes.
Toss in sauce. Remove from oven allow to rest for 5 minutes before tossing in your desired sauce.
For Crispy Wings, Do This:
- Pat them dry. As with many other air fryer foods, the trick to crispiness is to ensure you dry them really well before adding seasonings.
- Use (aluminum free) Baking Powder. This is another secret to crispy wings and will help add that nice brown crispy coating.
- Single layer. Be sure to lay the wings in a single layer with a little space between. If you have an air fryer that allows for multiple layers, your cook time may need to be increased.
Wing Sauce Ideas:
- Frozen Chicken Wings: prepare the wings the same and add them, frozen, to the air fryer. Cook for about 10 additional minutes, or until crisp and cooked through.
- Fresh veggies and dip
- Other finger foods or game-day appetizers, like
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings , halved at joints, wing tips discarded
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder (aluminum free!)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Wings Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Dry the wings well with paper towels. This is essential to getting a crispy coating.
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and baking powder in a small bowl. Then sprinkle the seasoning over the wings, tossing to evenly coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the fry basket with cooking spray. Arrange wings in an even layer with the skin side up. Spray the top of the wings with cooking spray and air fry, turning the wings every 5 minutes for about 15 minutes or until wings are crispy and browned. The total cook time will depend on the size of the wings and your air fryer but may take up to 20 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer allow to rest for 5 minutes before tossing in desired sauce. I made a quick buffalo sauce with Franks hot sauce, sugar and water.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.