Valentine Heart Cupcakes are made using a standard muffin pan and a small marble. Your kids will love making and decorating this simple, fun Valentine’s Day treat!
Aren’t these little heart cupcakes the CUTEST? My mom taught me this little trick–it’s genius and SO easy! I found a bag or marbles at the dollar store and whipped these together so quickly. They’re the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
You can also use a frosting tip to write on the cupcakes (see the picture below). This is a fun idea if you are taking the cupcakes to a party. My kids had a blast helping me make these.
I also love Valentine candy, so I used these cupcakes as an excuse to buy some Valentine heart candies and I sprinkled them around the tray.
The biggest trick to these cupcakes is to make sure not to fill the cupcake batter too full! If there is too much batter, they won’t bake into a heart shape. Only fill them 1/2 full.
Tips for making perfect heart cupcakes:
Make homemade cupcakes or use a doctored-up cake mix.
If you want to save time, you can doctor-up a cake mix by using milk instead of water and adding one extra egg to the batter.
Don’t over-fill the cupcake tin
When you are pouring the batter, be careful not to fill the cupcake liners more than 1/2 way full. If you do, they will lose their heart shape as they bake.
Consider trying these Valentine Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Heart Cookies
- Super Soft Sugar Cookies
- Valentine Sugar Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- German Chocolate Cake
- Make cupcakes according to recipe directions.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Spoon batter into liners, being careful not to fill each cupcake more than 1/2 full of batter. (If you fill them too full, they will loose their heart shape!)
- After filling the liners, place a marble between the liner and the pan. You will see the cupcake take the shape of a heart!
- Bake cupcakes according to recipe directions. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.