Anyone can make these fun Valentine Cupcakes using a standard muffin pan and a small marble to bake them into a heart shape. Perfect for making with your kids, gifting friends, family or bringing to your Valentine’s Day Party!
When I was a little girl my mom taught me this simple trick for making Heart shaped cupcakes and they have since been one of my favorite easy Valentine’s Day desserts to make. The best part about them is how EASY they are to make! You can grab a bag of marbles at the dollar store and whip these together so quickly–your kids will love to help!
How to make Valentine Cupcakes:
Make homemade cupcakes or use a doctored-up cake mix.
If you want to save time, you can doctor-up a cake mix by using milk instead of water and adding one extra egg to the batter, which results in a cake that tastes homemade! Or you can use my homemade chocolate cupcake recipe.
Don’t over-fill the cupcake tin. When you are pouring the batter, be careful not to fill the cupcake liners more than 1/2 way full. If you do, they will lose their heart shape as they bake.
Consider trying these Valentine Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Heart Cookies
- Super Soft Sugar Cookies
- Valentine Sugar Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- German Chocolate Cake
- Make cupcakes according to recipe directions.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Spoon batter into liners, being careful not to fill each cupcake more than 1/2 full of batter. (If you fill them too full, they will loose their heart shape!)
- After filling the liners, place a marble between the liner and the pan. You will see the cupcake take the shape of a heart!
- Bake cupcakes according to recipe directions. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
I originally shared this recipe February 2015. Updated February 2020.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.