Anyone can make this fun Valentine Cupcakes recipe using a standard muffin pan and a small marble to bake them into a heart shape. Perfect for making with your kids, gifting friends, family, or bringing to your Valentine’s Day Party!
Why I love these cupcakes:
- Festive – These Valentine’s Day Cupcakes are so fun to make! Grab a bag of marbles from the dollars store and whip these up in no time! Let your kids help!
- Delicious – What’s not to love about a moist cupcake with cream cheese frosting? These will capture the heart of everyone you give them to.
- Fun – I love making this Valentine Cupcakes recipe on Valentine’s Day. They’re a fun and easy activity for the family or kids. Use different colors of frosting and fun valentine sprinkles.
How to make Heart Cupcakes:
Make Cupcake Batter: Make cupcakes according to recipe directions. You can doctor-up a cake mix by using milk instead of water and adding one extra egg to the batter, or use my homemade chocolate cupcake recipe! Fill cupcake liners in a muffin tin ½ full (be careful to not overfill)
Place Marble: After filling the liners, place a marble between the liner and the pan. You will see the cupcake take the shape of a heart!
Bake cupcakes according to recipe directions. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Frost and Enjoy: Frost and decorate these heart shaped cupcakes how you’d like then enjoy!
More Valentine’s Day Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Heart Cookies
- Super Soft Sugar Cookies
- Valentine Sugar Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- German Chocolate Cake
Follow me for more great recipes
- Make cupcakes according to recipe directions.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Spoon batter into liners, being careful not to fill each cupcake more than ½ full of batter. (If you fill them too full, they will loose their heart shape!)
- After filling the liners, place a marble between the liner and the pan. You will see the cupcake take the shape of a heart!
- Bake cupcakes according to recipe directions. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe February 2015. Updated February 2020 and 2023.
This post includes affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you.
This post contains affiliate links.