I’ll admit that sometimes I fall into that trap of thinking I don’t like something, even when I haven’t tried it. That’s what I used to think about kale, and I’d never even heard of kale chips! Last year I worked for a whole foods company and got to sample all sorts of fun, organic, and healthy products.
That’s when I was first introduced to kale chips, and I thought they were good…just “good”, not “great”.
A few weeks ago we were at Soulard Farmer’s Market here in St. Louis and I bought some fresh kale for dirt cheap! I knew immediately I wanted to make some “great” kale chips!
These are soo simple to make–just toss them with some olive oil and salt, bake them, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese! They turned out better than great! Plus, kale is SO good for you!
It’s high in fiber and a great source of Vitamins A, K, C, E, and Calcium. And, low-calorie, which makes it an awesome snack. I can’t wait until my baby boy is old enough to try these!
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS? TRY SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITES:
- Healthy Applesauce Oat Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- No-Bake Granola Bars
- Healthy No-Bake Granola Bites
- Tomato Avocado Melt
- Citrus Fruit Salad
Garlic and Parmesan Kale Chips
- 2 bunches fresh kale
- 5-6 cloves garlic , minced
- sea salt , to taste
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Remove large stems from kale. Chop into chunks and wash well. (I use a salad spinner, which works really great for removing all the water from the kale.) Dry really well! This will make all the difference in allowing the kale to bake up crispy, instead of "steaming" because of water droplets.
- Place kale in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, sea salt, and garlic.
- Lay flat on a large baking sheet. For best results, don't overcrowd the baking sheet. (Make these in two batches if necessary).
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container to save.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.