This tomato avocado melt is a quick and healthy breakfast for an on-the-go family!
I love everything about this Tomato Avocado Melt, but particularly that it 10 minutes to make and it always satisfies my hungry tummy! And, not only does it have some of my favorite ingredients layered on top, it has a thin layer of mayo and cayenne spread on the bread, which is the secret ingredient!
The mayo/cayenne combo adds just the right touch of tang and bite and makes it addicting!
I often make this for my one-year-old’s lunch as well, leaving out the cayenne, and he gobbles it up! If you’re like me and hardly have time to feed yourself come lunch-time, this is your solution!
I’ve compiled a whole bunch of awesome lunch and snack ideas here, and I refer to them often, but this Tomato Avocado Melt is probably my favorite of all!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Tomato Avocado Melt
- 4 slices bread
- 1-2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- cayenne pepper , to taste
- 1 small roma tomato , sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado , sliced thin
- 8 slices cheese (your favorite kind)
- Spread a thin layer or mayonnaise on each piece of bread. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Layer bread with tomato and avocado slices and top with cheese. Broil on high for 2-4 minutes, or until bread is toasted and cheese is bubbly!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.