This tomato avocado melt is a quick and healthy breakfast for an on-the-go family!
My sister-in-law introduced me to this tasty melt while I was visiting for Christmas last year. Part of me still holds a tiny grudge that she didn’t share it with me sooner, because I know it’s a family favorite at her house, and it has quickly become my go-to quick lunch of choice!
Seriously, this Tomato Avocado Melt is to die for and I basically eat it every day for lunch! It takes 2 seconds to throw together and it always satisfies my hungry tummy! And, not only does it have some of my favorite ingredients layered on top, it has a thin layer of mayo and cayenne spread on the bread, which is the secret ingredient!
The mayo/cayenne combo adds just the right touch of tang and bite that makes this melt completely addicting!
I often make this for my one-year-old’s lunch as well, leaving out the cayenne, and he gobbles it up! If you’re like me and hardly have time to feed yourself come lunch-time, this melt is your solution! A deliciously addicting sandwich in under ten minutes.
I’ve compiled a whole bunch of awesome lunch and snack ideas here, and I refer to them often. But this Tomato Avocado Melt is probably my favorite of all!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Tomato Avocado Melt
- 4 slices bread
- 1-2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- cayenne pepper , to taste
- 1 small roma tomato , sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado , sliced thin
- 8 slices cheese (your favorite kind)
- Spread a thin layer or mayonnaise on each piece of bread. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Layer bread with tomato and avocado slices and top with cheese. Broil on high for 2-4 minutes, or until bread is toasted and cheese is bubbly!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.