Classic Cheese Ball recipe made with real cheddar cheese, cream cheese, green onion and coated in chopped pecans. The BEST easy holiday appetizer that everyone loves!
I’m not sure how I have yet to post one of the most classic holiday appetizers, ever– an easy, peasy, yummy Classic Cheeseball! I shared these mini cheese ball bites a few years ago, and although they’re a favorite, you can’t beat the easy, deliciousness that is a good ol’ classic cheeseball.
There are several things I love about this recipe.
1. You can make it ahead of time–like, a week in advance if you want to (although I may add the nuts closer to when you serve so that they don’t get soft).
2. It has great flavor and definitely isn’t boring. Not one specific spice overwhelms and all of the flavors blend together nicely. Even though it uses a little hot sauce, it wont bake it spicy, it just adds great flavor.
3. It’s perfect as a party appetizer while you prepare the rest of your holiday feast! It’s completely low maintenance. Just fix it up, pull it from the fridge when you’re ready, and set it out with a bunch of yummy crackers for people to serve themselves.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash black pepper
- 1/3 cup pecans finely chopped
Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and mix well to combine.
Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and gather the mixture into one lump. Lightly grease your hands and form the mixture into a round ball.
Place the pecans on a plate. Hold the cheese ball in one hand and use the other hand to scoop the pecans onto the outside of the ball, pressing them in gently and turning the ball to coat all sides.
Cover the cheeseball in cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
Never miss a post! Follow me on: