Mini Cheese Ball Bites are the perfect party appetizer that’s easier to eat and more practical then a large cheese ball!
I love all of the holiday party food this time of year, but I especially love the appetizers! However, when I see a cheeseball being served at a party, I usually don’t eat any. I always feel a little awkward digging into this giant ball of cheese with a cracker or a spoon, especially when there are people behind me in line! Maybe I’m weird, but it’s true.
Then, I saw this amazing idea on Pinterest–cheeseball hacking problem solved! These little mini cheese ball bites are not only cute, they’re totally practical. You can still serve them with crackers on the side, and they’re super easy for guests to enjoy!
I made one cheeseball recipe, divided it into 12 portions, and coated them in nuts, dried cranberries, and green onion or parsley.
Consider trying these easy appetizers:
- Seven Layer Bean Dip
- Easy Vegetable Dip
- Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
- Artichoke Dip Stuffed Bread
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Mini Cheese Ball Bites
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter , room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crushed nuts (almonds, pecans or walnuts)
- 1/3 cup green onion , finely chopped
- 12-15 pretzel sticks
- In a medium bowl add the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and ground pepper. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined and smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Use a spoon to divide the mixture into 12-15 tablespoon-size portions. Dip your clean hands in a little bit of water and smooth each portion into a small ball. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or as long as you want to in advance). Before serving, roll the balls in cranberries, nuts, parsley or green onion. Place a pretzel stick in each. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Thanks for the great recipe! I have made these as appetizers for my son’s high school graduation party and now for Thanksgiving. I love that I can make them ahead, freeze them, and thaw them the day of the event. The three flavors give something for everyone.
Awesome. Looking forward to making these soon!
They look delicious! How many is a serving ?
Lauren said roll the cheese mìxture into 12-15 mini balls. I would say apprx. 3/4 -1 oz. each. Each one would be a small serving for a few small crackers or baguette slices. Maybe that helps a little. As for myself, I would want at least 2 pieces.
i have followed the recipe but mine are very soft i can not roll any ideas why?
I’d stick the mixture in the fridge to harden a little more.
See More Comments