This delicious Artichoke Dip is one of my favorite easy appetizers, made with simple ingredients in less than 30 minutes! We love it served warm, with crackers or bread chunks for dipping.
Why I love this dip:
- Fast – Only 10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes to bake!
- Easy – all ingredients mixed together in one bowl.
- Crowd Favorite – This is a hugely popular appetizer that we always serve for holiday and superbowl parties!
How to make Artichoke Dip
Combine the sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
Stir in artichoke hearts and dill weed.
Bake: Add to baking dish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes!
Serve warm, with crackers, bread, chips, or veggies, for diping.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: This baked artichoke dip can be made up to 1 day ahead of time. Don’t bake it and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Allow it to sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature before baking.
To Freeze: You may freeze this dip before or after baking. If baked, allow to cool completely before wrapping in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, then freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before baking or reheating.
- Add spinach: Check out my spinach artichoke dip. Mix spinach with the artichokes before combining with the mayo mixture. Then stir everything together and follow the same cooking directions listed below.
- Make it healthier: Feel free to substitute Greek yogurt in place of sour cream and use low fat cream cheese.
- Cheese: Add or substitute shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 8 ounce can artichoke hearts (not marinated), drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- dried dill weed , to taste (fresh or dried)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a mixing bowl add sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, garlic and 1 cup of parmesan cheese. Combine until smooth.
- Stir in chopped artichoke hearts and a little bit of dill weed, to taste.
- Place in a greased baking dish (most pan sizes around 8×8 in or a little smaller will work. You could even use a pie pan).
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese on top. Sprinkle with a little extra dill weed, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with crackers, bread, or veggies.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Recipe from my good friend, Elaine Jolley.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe December 2016. Updated August 2021.