Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Marshmallows –just like my favorites from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory–make an easy, delicious no-bake treat!
On Mainstreet in my hometown (shout-out to the beautiful Park City, Utah!) there’s a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory that we wouldn’t miss indulging on whenever we were there. I usually always ordered the Apple Pie Caramel Apple–complete heaven–until a friend introduced me to their chocolate and caramel dipped marshmallows.
It sounded a little boring to me at the time. A marshmallow dipped in caramel and chocolate–big deal, right? Well, I was speechless after the first bite. Talk about the tastiest little treat, ever! Such an awesome combination!
So, of course I had to go and make them at home. I’ve made them a few times since–usually whenever we’re craving a simple, easy treat. Bonus that they’re no-bake and only take a few minutes! I love to enjoy them as they are, but we also often eat them sandwiched between honey graham crackers. It’s like a no-cook s’more. Delicious!
Consider trying these specialty treats:
- Gourmet Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Homemade Almond Joys
- Rocky Road Fudge
- German Chocolate Truffles
- Pretzel Peanut Clusters
Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Secure two marshmallows to each cake pop stick or straw.
- Add caramel bits and 2 tablespoons of water to small saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted.
- Dip marshmallows in the caramel and swirl or use a spoon to help coat them on all sides. Allow excess caramel to drip off, and place on prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips or wafers to a microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth and melted. Dip caramel coated marshmallows in the chocolate. Use a spoon to help smooth chocolate all around.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off, and return to parchment lined pan.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.