Easy bakery style, (non-cakey) chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’ve known I wanted to share a great chewy pumpkin cookie recipe for a while now. I’d imagine the best chocolate chip cookie of my life, and add the wonderful flavors of pumpkin and fall spices to it. Can you get more heavenly?
Unlike so many pumpkin cookie recipes that are soft and cakey (and don’t get me wrong, I LOVE that kind as well!), this recipe makes unbelievable, crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
There is definitely a place for both types of cookies, am I right? I don’t ever discriminate when it comes to pumpkin cookies. Love them all. These cakey pumpkin cookies with caramel frosting are pretty much the greatest dessert to enter my mouth. I think it just depends on your mood.
Lately I’ve been craving chocolate chip cookies. Like this chocolate chip skillet cookie that I posted recently. Absolutely amazing. My husband, however, has been beggggggging for pumpkin cookies. So this recipe was a beautiful mash-up of two of our favorites and OH boy, did this make us both delightfully happy. I love you, chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Best mash-up ever.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Use an electric mixer (or stand mixer) to combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined. Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin.
- Add the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon ginger, nutmeg and cloves and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. (Mandatory!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop two tablespoon size balls and place one on top of the other, and lightly squish the two dough balls together. (they will look like really tall “cylinders”. This way, when they bake, the bottom half will cook first, and then the top half, resulting in cookies that are soft and chewy on the inside, but slightly crisp on the outside. )
- Arrange on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. (I bake mine in two batches. While the first batch cooks, I roll the dough for the second and store it, covered, in the fridge.)
- Bake cookies for 13-17 minutes or until they are just slightly golden around the edges. Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.