The BEST, incredibly moist Pumpkin Bread with a brown butter maple glaze that will have you swooning with every bite!
Please tell me you’re not sick of awesome pumpkin recipes yet? I really hope not! I have too many amazing pumpkin recipes that I want to share every year and I never seem to get to them all. Some of my absolute favorite pumpkin baked goods that I make regularly include:
You guys, this Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Glaze is kind of irresistible. It’s so incredibly moist and infused with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. The bread itself is an awesome recipe from my sweet friend Sally over at Sally’s Baking Addiction.
I left out the chocolate chips from this pumpkin bread recipe and added a simple brown butter maple glaze instead. Some times it’s fun to mix things up, ya know? And literally, I had to stop myself from eating the entire loaf. So YUMMY!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Glaze
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup milk
For the Brown Butter Maple Glaze:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 Tablespoons milk (to thin the glaze)
- Adjust your oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin, oil, and milk and stir to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together just until combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Check the bread about ¾ of the way through cooking and place a piece of aluminum foil on top if you feel it's getting too brown.
- Allow the bread to cool for a few minutes in the pan and then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Brown Butter Maple Glaze:
- While bread cools, make your glaze. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Continue cooking, watching butter carefully and swirling it in the pan until it sizzles and begins to turn amber in color, about 4-5 minutes. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn!
- Remove butter from heat and pour it into a a mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar and maple syrup and beat with electric mixers until smooth.
- Add some milk to thin it, if necessary, or a little extra powdered sugar to thicken it until a soft glaze has formed.
- Spoon the glaze generously over top of the pumpkin loaf and let it set. Cut into slices and serve!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.