These Butterfinger Bars are a blondie base with butterfinger cookie pieces and topped with a light and fluffy buttercream frosting! They are easy to make, and will be the highlight of your next party!
Why I love this recipe:
- The Frosting: Fluffy peanut butter frosting with crushed butterfinger candy bars in it; don’t think you can get better than that!
- Quick – Skip the scooping, rolling, chilling, and baking multiple batches that cookies require. This butterfinger dessert is quick and easy!
- Make Ahead Crowd Pleaser – They’re always a hit, and you can make them in advance of a gathering and store them in the fridge or freezer.
How to make Butterfinger Bars:
Make Batter: Cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth and light. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chopped Butterfinger bits.
Spread: Press dough into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
Bake: Place pan in oven and bake at 350°F for 24-26 minutes, until the center of the bars are JUST set. Cool completely before frosting.
Make Frosting: Beat together peanut butter and butter on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add vanilla and mix. On low speed, add in the remaining ingredients, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 1-2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Frost the butterfinger bars then sprinkle butterfinger bits on top.
Storage and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
To Freeze: Cool butterfinger bars completely then flash freeze uncovered for 30 minutes to harden the frosting. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and tinfoil. Freeze for up to a month.
More Popular Cookie Bars:
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- M&M Cookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Bars
- World’s Best Peanut Butter Bars
- Magic Bars (7 Layer Bars)
- Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- S’mores Bars
- Oreo Bars
- Salted Chocolate and Caramel Pretzel Bars
Follow me for more great recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a mixing bowl and cream together until smooth and light. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in chopped Butterfinger bits.
- Smooth mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 24-26 minutes, until center of bars are set, and no longer glossy looking.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and butter on medium-speed until completely smooth. Add vanilla and mix.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the remaining ingredients, beating until fully incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat the frosting for 1-2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe September 2017. Post updated July 2022.
This post contains affiliate links.