Almond Coconut Chex Mix includes my favorite cereals, pretzels, and golden grahams tossed in a sweet syrup to make the most addicting snack mix!
Happy Friday! You’ll have to excuse me as I go cry in a corner since my sister is leaving today. She’s been here this whole week and we have had such a BLAST. My kids have especially loved attacking my baby nephew with loves and kisses.
The snack mix may help to cheer me up a little. After all, it is my favorite “snack” mix of all time.
One of our old neighbors gave my mom the recipe many years ago and it has since become a family favorite. We would bring it on any and all summer camping trips or road trips growing up.
You can completely customize it depending on what cereal your family likes. It’s easy to throw together, it lasts for several days, and it’s incredibly addicting!
Consider trying these snacks..:
Almond Coconut Chex Mix
- 5 cups Chex cereals , Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex or a mix of multiple kinds
- 3 cups bran cereal (or Crispix)
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut , to taste
- 1 heaping cup pretzel sticks
- 2 cups honey graham bears
For the syrup coating:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Add all the cereals, almonds, coconut, pretzels and honey grahams to a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted add corn syrup and sugar and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Once you see the outside edges of the mixture start to boil, set your timer for 2 minutes. *SEE NOTE BELOW* Remove from heat immediately and stir in baking soda. Slowly pour syrup over the chex mix and use a wooden spoon to gently stir to coat the cereal.
- Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before eating. Store extras in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.