These simple, 4-ingredient Salted Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars will quickly become your new favorite sweet and salty treat! No bake and no candy thermometer needed.
Salted chocolate caramel seems like the latest trend, and honestly, I am completely on board! Chocolate plus caramel with a little sea salt- i’m not sure it gets much easier, or TASTIER. These Salted Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars are the best homemade candy bar ever! And the best part is that it’s only FOUR ingredients, and you don’t need a candy thermometer or any special equipment. It’s pretty much fool-proof, and fail-proof.
How to make salted chocolate caramel pretzel bars:
First, melt your chocolate. Good quality chocolate chips are a must! I like the ghiardelli brand of chocolate chips, for melting, or you could even melt a a couple of Hershey’s chocolate bars. Next, Smooth the melted chocolate onto parchment paper. Throw on some pretzels (they don’t need to be in an even layer). Then, drizzle the pretzels generously with melted caramel and top the bars with some more melted chocolate and a little sprinkle of sea salt–YUM!
The caramel is what makes everything stick together! I like to use these Kraft Caramel Bits rather than wrapped caramel cubes because you don’t have to unwrap them (thank goodness)! The melted caramel is also the perfect texture. There’s nothing worse then hard, sticky caramel, right?! ALSO, if you prefer to make the caramel FROM SCRATCH, use this homemade caramel recipe.
These are the perfect treat for pretty much any occasion. I sent them with my husband for his work cookie exchange during Christmas and his office friends went crazy for them. (Kind of embarrassing considering how EASY they are, but they didn’t need to know that 🙂 )
They’d also be perfect for Valentine’s day. But let’s be honest, you really don’t need any excuse at all–just a sweet tooth and a few minutes of your time. Enjoy!
CONSIDER TRYING SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE DESSERT BARS:
- Butterfinger Cookie Bars
- M&M Cookie Bars
- Perfect Lemon Bars
- Oreo Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Salted Chocolate and Caramel Pretzel Bars
- 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips , good quality chocolate divided into pieces (I like ghiardelli best for melting)
- 8 ounces mini pretzel twists , half of a regular 16-ounce bag
- 11 ounce bags Kraft Caramel Bits , or homemade caramel
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips gently in the microwave (on low heat, stirring every 15 seconds) until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the parchment. Immediately add the pretzel twists over the top (it's ok if they overlap!) and gently press them into the chocolate.
- Add caramel bits to a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water and melt according to package instructions (on high for 2 minutes). Stir well and drizzle the melted caramel over the top of all of the pretzels.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut or tear into pieces, Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!
I changed the mini pretzels to the snaps, and put a layer of snaps over the caramel. They turned out excellent.
Made two batches and had no problem with them!! Cut them pretty and they are ready for my sisters Christmas Eve party.
A+! Thank you for sharing!!
so addictive 😍
couldn’t stop eating this.
will definitely add to my list to make again.
See More Comments