Happy Wednesday guys! I’ve been dying–DYING to share this salad with you all. I’ve been on a total kale craze lately, and I really love it in salads, mixed with spinach blend. This Roasted Butternut Squash Salad is seriously the best salad you’ll eat this fall.
I’m telling the honest truth when I admit that I have eaten this Roasted Butternut Squash Salad every single day for lunch for the past 6 days. I’m a little bit obsessed with it. Not only is it gorgeous and healthy, but it’s super filling too. The flavor combination is perfect: fresh greens topped with roasted squash, crispy bacon, onions, cranberries and pecans with a sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette. It’s the BEST!
- 1 (1 ½-pound) butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 heaping cups chopped kale (ribs removed)
- 3-4 heaping cups chopped spinach
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread butternut squash pieces into a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat and then roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until squash is tender. Allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Add kale and spinach to a large salad bowl. Top with remaining salad ingredients Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss gently.
Top with grilled chicken, to make it a meal.
Try some of my other favorite salads: